DateJan 10, 2022 - May 21, 2021
Time9:00am - 5.00pm
PlaceThe Oast House, Tywnald Park, New Norfolk, Tasmania 7140
10 Day Cabinet Making Course
- The “Art of Furniture making is a time honoured trade that embodies all the hallmarks of fine craftsmanship and design.
- Those hallmarks or corner stones of the more recently labelled “makers space” are essentially about design, creativity, innovation, complexity, utility and detail.
- These skills are both practical and intellectual. They require the conscious marrying of hand and mind, planning and execution, which ultimately empower and nourish the soul.
- Immerse yourself in a 10 day program
- It is for clients seeking to immerse themselves in a 10 day sanctuary of fine woodworking skills.
- This is the flagship of the Derwent Valley School of Creative Woodworking.
- Clients build a piece of furniture of their choosing or design.
- They are encouraged to complete thumb nail sketches, assistance will provided with 3 dimensional working plans.
- Their is a focus on:
- Full size plans, pattern, models, practice joints, machining, veneering,marquetry, woodturning, cnc routering, assembly, and finishing techniques.
- This class includes a trip to specialized retail tool and furniture hardware shops in Hobart and a trip to Mt Field to see the ‘Tall Trees”.
- Accommodation for client and partner is available if required at $150 per night
- The woodworking school is located on Tynwald Park, situated on expansive parklands and the Derwent River, featuring walking and cycling tracks, 2 minutes from the township of New Norfolk.