Decorative Veneered Trays
(Suitable for beginners!)
Available veneers include Huon pine, Myrtle, Sassafras, Eucalypt, and Tasmanian Blackwood. Clients have the choice of personalising their work, creating interesting patterns and combining different veneers.
The Decorative Veneered Trays are complete with rubber buffer pins Hettich handles and finished with a furniture grade lacquer. The tutor will craft a veneered tray and carefully demonstrate each step of construction.
Participants will learn to:
- Complete a pattern of your design
- Plane and join veneers
- Glue solid timber strips to plywood edges
- Sand Plywood tray base
- Glue and press veneers onto plywood
- Shape cock beadings and fasten to tray base
- Drill 4mm holes for handles and fasten
- Detail sand and spray with furniture lacquer
- Fasten Hettich handles.
Cost of Materials: $40