Picture framing with solid Tasmanian timbers:
(Suitable for beginners!)
Why not frame your personal photos, qualifications or just capture that lasting memory in a beautiful Tasmanian timber Picture Frame.
This course is ideally suited to the beginner. Available timbers also include Huon pine, Myrtle, Sassafras, Eucalypt, and Tasmanian Blackwood. The Picture Frame includes cock beading, inserts, glass, backing sheet, hanging mechanism and finished with a furniture lacquer.
Participants will learn to:
- Complete a pattern of your design
- Sand timbers in drum sander
- Identify suitable surfaces with face marks
- Router rebates for glass and backing material
- Router decorative inside edge
- Shape cock beadings and fasten to mirror frame
- Mitre ends, glue and fasten with straps
- Detail sand and spray with furniture lacquer
- Fit inserts, glass, memorabilia and backing
- Fit hanging mechanism
Cost of the Materials: $40