(Suitable for Intermediate)
Attention to those seeking innovative new contemporary timber technologies!!
We are very excited to announce the inclusion of digital timber technology at the DVSCW. The purchase of a CNC router has enabled the school to offer commercial services and projects to clients who are seeking innovative and contemporary timber technologies.
The process of designing and making a Wine Rack begins with a conversation about material, size, and style.
The Vectric software provides the scope to personalise designs and process them quickly and efficiently to a professional standard. Participants who wish to develop some understanding of this technology will immediately recognise the power and breadth of this software and equipment. I suspect they will seek to include it in future project work.
Participants begin by:
- Having a conversation about the sign they wish to create
- Working with the tutor to draw the Wine Rack on VCarve Pro
- Machining a blank or cutting man made board / material to size
- Routering the components
- Detail sanding and assembling the wine rack
- Applying the metal hardware
Material costs will depend on the size and style of the Wine Rack